The Housing Authority of Columbus, Georgia (HACG) is much more than bricks and mortar. It's also about supporting families as they strive for self-sufficiency. HACG's Resident Services Programs provide support designed to assist families to find and access services that foster positive outcomes.
Resident Services can assist with:
- Employment preparation and retention
- Education and job training
- Youth opportunities
- Lease compliance
- Disability services
- Senior supports
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers
- Georgia Department of Labor
- Muscogee County School District Adult Education
- Columbus Technical College
- Boys and Girls Club
- Neighborhoods Focused on African-American Youth
- Girls, Inc.
- New Horizon's Community Service Board
- NeighborWorks Columbus
- Area Agency on Aging, and many others
HACG along with its partnerships has developed strategies that effectively address the barriers identified by our residents. By linking services with a central point of contact, HACG has developed a process that dramatically enhances the likelihood that participants will indeed succeed not only in meeting the current need but will also significantly enhance their supportive environment and quality of life.